Monday, June 15, 2009

Quitting Soda Day 1

Yesterday i drank the last can of Dr.Pepper from the 24 pack. I said.. okay this is it. No more soda for me. Its time to get healthy!

My son was just diagnosed with EE (which means his body pretty much attacks food and makes white blood cells called eosinophils build up in his esophogus) and he needs to avoid Chicken, Fish, dairy and corn (which also means corn syrup) and cutting back on wheat. he is already super allergic to eggs and peanuts.

So i figure, if he has to give up his favorite drink, Milk, and other foods i can cut out something thats not even good for me. something IM addicted to.

If i was able to quit smoking i am able to do this right?

haha.. oh man. Its 10:53 am and i am already dying. I am DEAD beat tired. i know by the end of the day i'll have a caffiene withdrawl headache. im starting to feel it build up as we speak. I know the first 5 days are going to be the hardest. but im hopeing that drinking juice when i want soda will help. And i hope that keeping in mind that Keegan doesnt have a choice, now either do i. I will simply put it in my head that i CANNOT have soda. just plain and simple.

Wanna know how addicted i am? EVERYDAY i have at LEAST 4-5 cans of soda. One day all i drank was soda and it ended up being 8 cans! MY GOODNESS!!

I am breastfeeding too and im beating myself up because i know that Cameron most likely shouldnt be getting caffiene. I had to cut myself off from caffiene for the first 3 months he was born because i swear that was part of his tummy issues. (we later found out that it was dairy, but im sure it contributed).

i have 3 very good reasons to quit. For myself, my waistline is growing my IBS doesnt enjoy it. too much sugar and calories and i know im addicted to caffiene. For Keegan because he cant have food he loves because it can kill him. and for Cameron, because what i eat and drink , he gets.

oh goodness this is going to be hard. HAHA i am sooo tired already. I am dragging and finding it hard to keep my eyes open. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for my body to actually remember how to function and be naturally awake instead of caffiene induced.

i havent had any real cravings for it yet. i just mostly feel exhausted.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

No comments: